The
Girl Who Can’t Be Moved
by Maricris Mangahas
by Maricris Mangahas
Settings:
School: JS Prom
Scene
1:
Speaker:
Let the party begin!
(Lively
Music begin)
(Lights
out)
Maris:
Let’s party! Come on let’s dance!!!
Maribel:
Let’s have fuuuunnn!! (laugh)
Other
friends: Let’s go, we shall all be happy! (laugh)
They
continuous to dance and spend their time. The program continued until the dawn.
The sweet songs enter and then party songs and again sweet songs. Until, one
boy step-up to Maris …
Drake:
Can we dance?
Maris:
Yes, sure
Maris
didn’t know that the boy he wanted for so long was want her too.
Until
…
Drake:
Hi (smile even fascinated)
Maris:
Hello (smile)
Drake:
How are you?
Maris:
Well I’m fine, how about you?
Drake:
Ahm. I’m fine too.
Maris:
Good (laugh)
Speaker:
Last two songs and the program is about to finish.
Drake:
I want to admit you something…
Maris:
(surprised) Hhhm. What’s that?
Drake:
Ahhhmm…
Maris:
(laugh silently) What’s that Drake?
Drake:
I…I… I like you
Maris:
(began to tingle) Well just the same.
Drake:
(smiled) What? What do you mean?
Maris:
It’s obvious (laugh)
Drake:
Yeah but I want to hear it from you.
Maris:
(laugh) I like you too
Drake:
Oh my … (serious smile) Thank you.
Maris:
You look so nervous (laugh a moment)
Drake:
Oh I’m sorry (Laugh too)
Maris:
Well it’s alright
(Lights
on)
Speaker:
Well go back to your sits. It’s time to go home. I wish you all enjoy. Rest for
a while and wait for your names to called to fetch you by your parents or
guardians. Thankyou!
Until
Maris name called …
Speaker:
Maris Manahan. Maris Manahan.
Drake
texted Maris …
Drake:
Take care, Keep safe!
Maris
replied …
Maris:
Thank you! Keep safe too.
Maris
arrived to their house and fix herself to sleep. Drake and Maris talked to each
other in text until they sleep.
Scene
2:
The
class resume after day of the prom. The day spent well studying until it’s time
to go home,
Drake
waited Maris at the gate because he wanted to tell and give something.
Maris:
Hello
Drake:
I just want to give something. (Give a piece of yellow colored paper) read it
only when you finally go home.
Maris:
Oh sure. What’s this?
Drake:
Ahm. Can I ask? Can I court you?
Maris:
(happy and excited) Ahm. Yes.
Drake:
Thank you. Are you sure?
Maris:
Of course.
Drake:
Thank you Maris (smiled)
Maris:
I need to go home, take care (happily smiled)
Drake:
Keep safe (smile)
After
the Prom the next program is the Graduation Day. Days pass by the practice of
graduation begin. And after weeks of that practices the Graduation Day began.
At
the End of the ceremony, Drake and Maris took a picture together since Drake
will transfer school next year for their senior high school while Maris will
stay at that school where she graduated.
The
couple spend their time as much as possible as vacation starts. Their routine
was eating in the mall, watching movies, play games and many more.
Vacation
passed by until new school year started, 2 months ago. Maris said yes to Drake
after 6 months waiting. They are now officially in a relationship. They spend
time eating in the mall, watching movies and many more.
Maris:
I want to say something.
Drake:
What’s that?
Maris:
Yes.
Drake:
What? What’s yes? Did you answer me now? (happy)
Maris:
Yes. (laugh a moment)
Drake:
Thank you. Thank you! (kiss on forehead) I love you
Maris:
I love you too.
They
only see each other once a month because of they are in a long distance
relationship.
Until
they become cold and broke.
6
months ago…
Drake
Texted Maris
Drake:
Aren’t you getting tired in our relationship?
Maris:
I am not. I am not getting to be tired because I love you. Why are you asking
about it? Why? Are you tired?
Drake:
Yes, I am. I’m sorry, I don’t want to hurt you but it seems like it’s hard that
we are far from each other. I can’t take that I didn’t see you every day. I’m
sorry.
Maris:
(crying) can we fix this?
Drake:
I think it’s hard for us to fix this.
I’m sorry. I am thankful to have you but this must be stop. I am so
lucky that I met a girl like you, Thank you for everything. You deserve someone
better than me, I’m sorry. I will wait for you to forgive me, thank you.
After
what Maris gave, she loved Drake so much. So much effort and care she gave to
the man he loved and she didn’t expect that that things would happen. For just
they don’t want to hurt the feelings of both, one of them needs to come up. Now
she only believed that “When you truly love that person no matter what he had,
no matter how many mistakes he did you must always forgive him”.
Prepared
by: Maricris D. Mangahas
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento