Lunes, Pebrero 12, 2018

One Starry Night by Jhulia Leigh Climaco


“One Starry Night”
By Jhulia Leigh O. Climaco
                It was a one cold summer night and I decided to come out of my apartment. Wearing my jacket, I went out of my room and sat on the bench outside and started gazing at the stars above. There are thousands and millions of celestial bodies above there, isn’t? I wonder…
                “A beautiful view that is…” I whispered.
Staring at the stars is one of my pastime whenever I feel sad and exhausted. It was a very starry night and there were no streetlights around. Though it may sound a bit dark and lonely, I managed to keep myself a company. I am used it to it. Every day since then, my whole system was just empty and sad. I really don’t know but I want to know the reason and answer. Seeing this kind of view makes me feel more alone, but seeing this also gives me the guilt and remorse of hating it. The world is indeed a beautiful place, more like of a paradise. It was such a gift for us humans to treasure and be thankful for.
                “But why is the world seems unhappy? Why does it feel like people aren’t contented and happy enough? Why? What is the reason?” I roughly asked myself.
The more I looked at the sky that night, the more pity and sorrow grew within me. I was astonished though. I am astonished for how the world has turned into. Sometimes I also wonder, “Things might have been gone wrong but not all, right?”
The astonishment of me with our world with probabilities and improbabilities, with the stormy sea, streetlights, with the unpredictable but surprisingly warm relationships after desperate failures are always present in my mind.
Gazing at the stellar sky, I realized something. I feel sad, stressed and lonely, yes I do, but how about others? Compared to me, how would people with much bigger problems than me possibly face another day in their damn lives?
I sighed. Though the breeze of the wind, I spoke:
“Life is happy sometimes it isn’t. You can always enjoy it but not every time. Our world is undeniably hanging and hurting in the midst of our darkest times.” summoning myself.
Realizing the time, I figured it out its getting late, I once again looked at the little creatures above and smiled.
                “What a wonderful world we have…” I mumbled.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

A Not So Romantic Love Story by Sebastian Blythe Dalangin

A Not So Romantic Love Story Setting: Fine Clothing Co., The Bar, not so long ago. * The story began as Jonathan found himself laying ...